Cardano Partners With Ethiopia Ministry of Education on Blockchain-Based ID System
Cardano, currently the sixth-largest cryptocurrency project by means of total market capitalization, has partnered up with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia to work on a blockchain-based national ID system.
- Announced on Twitter, Cardano has entered into a partnership to create a blockchain-based national ID and attainment recording system.
- Touted as the “world’s largest blockchain deployment,” it should roll out to 5 million students in Africa.
- The thread also reveals that the system will be based on the Atala PRISM and should allow for the creation of secure records of “educational performance for 3,500 schools, 5 million students, and 750,000 teachers, giving all pupils verifiable digital qualifications, increasing social mobility, and allowing lesson planning and attainment monitoring.”
- Furthermore, this partnership is supposedly at the heart of the country’s strategy towards digital transformation.
- According to IOHK, developing countries can benefit from blockchain, making this project part of their key vision for Africa.