Surpassing Ripple (XRP): Dogecoin Is the 4th Largest Crypto Following Today’s Gemini Listing
The global adoption for the popular meme coin Dogecoin continues with the listing on the Winklevoss-run exchange – Gemini. At the same time, the token skyrocketed to yet another all-time high above $0.6 and it became the fourth-largest crypto, surpassing Ripple (XRP).
- CryptoPotato reported earlier today Dogecoin’s spectacular performance in this year, charting YTD gains of nearly 10,000%.
- However, that was hours ago, which in the cryptocurrency and Dogecoin, in particular, world, feels more like decades.
- At that point, DOGE’s latest record was just shy of $0.50. Not only the Shiba Inu-inspired token broke above that level in the following hours, but it kept going upwards to its latest all-time high of over $0.6.
- Despite retracing since then, Dogecoin still trades above $0.50 and its market capitalization is close to $70 billion.
- As a result, the meme coin became the fourth-largest cryptocurrency by that metric. This meant that it surpassed Ripple (XRP), whose market cap is just over $60 billion.
- According to data from AssetDash, Dogecoin also entered the top 200 global assets. After overcoming giants like BMW and MetLife, the token, which started as a joke, is now also larger than the Intercontinental Exchange and Moody’s Corporation.
- The latest price surge came amid favorable news from the US-based cryptocurrency exchange – Gemini. The trading venue led by Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss announced that users can deposit DOGE tokens to the platform and trading should open soon.
- This became the second major listing in a day for DOGE, after the addition on eToro earlier today.