Miami Mayor Opening Bitcoin 2021: The Days of a Currency Tethered to a Central Bank Coming to End
Bitcoin 2021, the biggest BTC-oriented conference so far, is taking place in Miami right now.
Opening the event was, somewhat expectedly, the mayor of the city – Francis Suarez.
- Mayor Suarez spoke highly of Bitcoin and the entire movement of cryptocurrencies. He even compared them to what Miami is trying to achieve in becoming a technology hub.
- He said that many believe the current inflow of people to the city is mainly due to COVID and that once the pandemic is true, they’ll “go back home.”
- To this, he compared Bitcoin and all the people who are saying that it will fail and that it’s an unsuccessful financial experiment.
- He urged people to stop paying attention to the current volatility, reminding everyone that bitcoin’s price is well in the green since the beginning of the year.
- Suarez also said that the clash between Proof of Work and Proof of Stake will ultimately come to an end, while also asserting that the US will be a powerhouse when it comes to renewable energy bitcoin mining.
- Ultimately, the mayor also said that the “days of a currency tethered to a central bank are coming to an end.”
- Closing his speech, Francis Suarez reminded everyone that it’s now time to buy the dip.